HR LEGAL COMPLIANCE AUDIT
Actionable Step-by-Step Review of Your Human Resources Compliance
In this HR Legal Audit, we’ll take a fresh professional look at your HR legal compliance practices, determine the issues, and put together an actionable plan for improving your HR compliance. You’ll get a PDF report with a detailed point-by-point critique of your HR legal compliance status, with an action plan.
Why Should I Do This?
Disgruntled employees or former employees can bring a lawsuit against your company at any time. You can avoid many of these suits and effectively defend against those that are filed, if you proactively reduce your risk. But who in your company is doing this?
Your HR compliance needs a fresh professional eye
As HR professionals, we’ve been helping small businesses for years. We have developed The HR Legal Audit method by collecting and systematizing common HR legal issues.
This “Done for You” service will:
- define your HR compliance strategy;
- identify critical HR legal issues;
- provide guidance for future development of your HR.
Will you review all of my HR policies?
Yes, every policy impacting your employees will be reviewed.
These are the areas that we will review
- Worker status: Employee vs. Independent Contractor. Are all workers classified correctly?
- Pay status: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt employees. Are employees classified and paid correctly?
- Minimum wage and overtime issues
- Federal law compliance: does your company comply with Federal laws including FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEOA, etc.
- State/local law compliance: does your state or municipality have “special” regulations concerning minimum wage, overtime, employee notification requirements, paid and unpaid leave, etc.?
- Employee Files: what goes in each file (you must have three!)
- Employee Handbook: does your company have one? If so, is it properly written to give you legal protection from lawsuits and communicate your company values and policies effectively?
- Management training: managers often need training in order to ask legally appropriate questions during interviews. They need information on how to avoid harassment and discrimination, and sensitivity training. We will review what type of systems and information your company has in place.
What Will You Get?
We will provide a customized pdf report with a checklist of our findings on all of the above areas, with recommendations for improvement/compliance steps as needed.
Do you provide updated policies?
In the basic package, we’re giving you a punch list of recommendations that will guide your decisions and help to avoid expensive legal issues.
The premium package, however, includes creating and revising your HR policies and procedures, where we implement the recommendations in practice.
I don’t have much time. What’s my level of involvement?
Here’s what you do (not too much):
- Tell us about your business and walk us through your existing HR practices at the initial consultation.
- Stay in touch during the process, in case any questions arise.
- Review the audit results and ask clarifying questions. We’ll be happy to answer them and update the final version of the report.
How much does the HR Legal Audit cost? How long will it take?
The Basic Package currently costs $1,795. You’ll receive an actionable HR Legal Audit report described above.
The Premium Package costs $3,750 and includes actual creation of custom HR products, such as an employee handbook, key policies, on-boarding system and performance management system, including checklists and forms. This is what most clients request after conducting their audits. Not sure about this yet? You’re welcome to upgrade any time.
Typically, you will get your audit report within 2 weeks after our initial consultation. Premium packages will be delivered within 30 days.
I’m interested! How do we get started?
Please Contact Us.
We’ll coordinate an initial consultation.